Sunday, September 7, 2008

Week 3

Its official: the kids have gotten me sick. I'm battling with a sore throat and some related fatigue. I'd say that is definitely one of the unforeseen consequences of the public teaching thing. I heard sniffles all week and warned them that there better be NO transfer of germs. Too bad for me. I'm right at that point where it could be all better, or waaaay worse tomorrow when I wake up. Lucky for me I have a fairly easy week of planning. The next two days I've scheduled a movie study for AQOTWF. Wednesday the kids have some sort of grade wide counseling meeting, thus resulting in no class. So I really just have to plan for an active Thursday and Friday. What is funny is that without the immediate pressure I don't have the push to keep all my lessons up to date. But...come on! I've got my planning periods! Right? Right...As a result I've spent the day relaxing, watching the Chiefs get beat while I peck at my lesson plans for Mon and Tues. (By the way, did you know Tom Brady got hurt?? I think they might have underreported that story) And a special no thanks goes out to Laurence Maroney for sucking it up on my Fantasy Football team-another inroad to easing relationships between teachers. Also-Screw you NBC for showing what happens at the end of Season 4 of the Office, before Season 5 has started! You know DVD sales are skyrocketing...MAYBE some people have been waiting to watch it! Damn it! I'm going to bed...

No comments: